Friday, October 16, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to The Hurricane Siren! This blog was born out of a serious obsession with all things Canes (and hockey) related. Oh and a boycott of a certain league sponsored fan site due to its reinvention as a Myspace/Facebook spawn. They need to learn that if it ain't broke, it shouldn't be fixed.

I've been a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes since 2006 when I moved to the Triangle and a little thing called Lord Stanley took up temporary residence. Since then, I've become more and more fascinated with the team and the sport. As is the case for every fan, I go through the highs and lows of an 82+ game season right along with my team. But no matter how bad things get (and they've been bad), I will never stop supporting the boys in red.

I'll tackle everything from the Canes' struggles/successes to random hockey stuff from around the league to my fantasy team's woes (exhibit A-Johan Franzen's early trip to the IR). I'll even check in with the baby Canes up in Albany as they've started the season very successfully.

There will be some sarcasm (actually chances are there will be a lot of sarcasm) so be prepared. If things are going especially poorly with the boys rocking the sightless eye, then there will be some ranting. I'm not a "strict numbers and stats" kind of gal so expect some random (and largely humorous) stuff every once in a while. Also fair warning, don't be surprised if, every now and then, I take a detour that focuses on some of the...finer aspects of certain players.

The Canes are hightailing it up to the Swamp...errr the lovely and welcoming confines of New Jersey today after a pretty successful showing against the team that must not be named (no I am not over the Eastern Conference Finals and I may never be). It's probably safe to assume that Brodeur and company have not forgotten the Shock at the Rock, so the Canes need to be prepared for a tough game. But I feel pretty confident in saying that if they play the way they did for the majority of the game against Pittsburgh they should get their first road win of the season tomorrow night. So until then, LET'S GO CANES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I don't know how you have time for this!!! Look forward to hearing all the "rants" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete