Sunday, November 1, 2009

Carolina Drizzles Drop Another One

Well if there's one thing you can say about this team, it's that they're consistent. Unfortunately, it's consistently sucktastic and today was no exception. The addition of Binky and Ruu didn't help one iota. Not even Ray Whitney's 1000th game ceremony could cure them of being...well crappy. From top to bottom, they were outplayed, outworked and outhearted. And even the most diehard fans are left once again searching for a reason to cheer-something that should be clearly evident to management as there were almost as many empty seats as there were fans in the arena.

After a relatively decent 1st period (meaning they didn't give up 3 goals, pee themselves during the national anthem or hurt themselves coming over the boards), they just fell apart-physically, mentally, and emotionally (or maybe that was just me). But, in a continued effort to be positive, I will start with a few good things.

Good thing #1-BRANDON SUTTER. Period. Can we make him the first through third stars of the game? Heck why not throw captain and coach in there too? He continues to be the bright spot for all fans, especially this one, as he notched his second goal in as many games. For the record, he's tied for 5th on the team for goals scored behind only Cullen, Whitney, Staal and the Juice. Oh and he's only played 4 games. Yeah somehow I think he'll be around for a while. He has quite literally carried the offensive load for this team on his skinny little shoulders and frankly is the real deal. Hey Mo-here's a hint, don't wait until you're down by 2 before you move the best guy on the ice up a line. And yes, it was necessary to have two photos of his goal celebration mainly to make up for not having one yesterday. :)

Now-as for the rest of you. What in the name of god are you doing out there?!!! You're getting outplayed by a 20 year old kid who weighs 12.5 pounds. Man up all of you. Corvo, do us all a favor and either play like you want to be here or don't play at all. I'm firmly convinced A.Ward was sent here by the Bruins to enact revenge. Why else would he suddenly be SO bad and bring Yelle with him? Stop sucking A.Ward or I will totally let Scotty punch you again.

Cam. Dude. You know I love you right? Probably more than is normal for a strict goalie-fan relationship, but still, you have to know that you can practically do no wrong in my eyes. Well, you did wrong today. 5 goals worth of wrong, in fact. It's getting harder and harder to defend you especially when you don't stop ANYTHING glove side high. What is wrong with you? You aren't a new dad so you can't use that excuse. Where is the Cam from the second half of last season? I miss him. I want...nay I DEMAND him back. You've left me no choice, I had to take your Conn Smythe Trophy away. And you are now facing the wall with E.Staal sans stick. I will make you a dunce cap, don't push me Cam.

Speaking of dunce caps, Eric "I'm a pouter" Staal left the game with an upper body injury (maybe he went to see the Wizard of Oz for a heart-yeah low blow I know) and didn't return for the third period. At the risk of sounding harsh and unfeeling, my initial reaction was "so what?" Honestly, the team didn't look any different without him and there was some extra room on the bench so the guys could get good and comfy. I'd wish him a quick recovery, but chances are he'll play the next game, at less than 100% and be completely useless to us. So basically the norm.

I've had enough of the "the confidence just isn't there" and the ever present "we're getting better" baloney you feed us after the games. No more-I'm not buying it. It would be one thing if you were trying hard and the other teams were just better. But that's not the case; instead you're making the other teams better by not working hard. This isn't a systems issue or a confidence issue or even lucky bounce issue. It's a work ethic issue and it needs to be fixed now. If that means skating until you puke, then lace 'em up and pull out the buckets. If it takes trades to light a fire under your collective hiney, then make sure your bags are packed before you leave the house in the morning. If it means sitting superstars in favor of call-ups then enjoy the press box hot dogs and watch how it's done.

No matter what, this needs to turn around and turn around FAST. Because I don't know how much longer JR is going to sit and wait before he starts selling you off for parts. You're playing on borrowed time fellas as each game that goes by makes the playoffs, heck even a .500 season, more and more of a pipe dream. Get your act together boys. NOW.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm firmly convinced A.Ward was sent here by the Bruins to enact revenge."

    THANK YOU. I have been saying this the whole time and no one believes me. :D

    I just don't have words. If I did have words, they'd be exceptionally vulgar, so no words.

    ReplyDelete